Organized in 1798 and located in East Huntingdon Twp., Westmoreland County, Alverton is a small rural village with a population of only a few hundred people. Originally a farming community, coal and coke soon became the dominant industry.  Now the village is primarily residential with the nearby towns of Scottdale and Mount Pleasant providing most of the area's businesses and shopping.


Alverton Cemetery


   
The Alverton Churches
Southmoreland District Schools

East Huntingdon Township Supervisors

East Huntingdon Vol. Fire Dept. Sub Station

Contemporary Performance Preowned Vehicles

Alverton Area Satellite Picture